Tuesday, December 30, 2008

iTunes Celebrity Playlists

So I've been trolling the iTunes celebrity playlists looking for people that I could conceivably get along with. Here's what I've discovered:

Danny Boyle (director, 28 Days Later, Trainspotting, Slumdog Millionaire) has incredible taste in music, as does Rainn Wilson (The Office).

Kat Dennings has better taste than Michael Cera, and seems more clever too.

The Daily Show Correspondents listen to pretty crappy music, as does the entire cast of Entourage except, weirdly, Adrien Grenier.

Mike Myers is a Neutral Milk Hotel fan. Who knew?

Carlos Mencia is an ass, officially in every way now.

Vince Vaughn listens to a lot of country, but like cool country, old Merle Haggard stuff.

Alan Cumming (probably best known as Nightcrawler from X-Men 2) likes "No Diggity" by Blackstreet because it makes him think of bending girls over and slapping their asses, "in an ironic, modern-man sense of course."

Jason Bateman likes Belle and Sebastian and Pixies!

Wes Anderson has a predictably awesome list; so does the Schwartzman.

Zefron and V-Hudge have terrible taste, and can only name like five songs between them. I can't say I'm surprised.

Jason Lee's isn't bad.

John Cusack's list inexplicably has Bob Hope on it, and two Gnarls Barkley songs. And on that note, I haven't really listened to The Odd Couple, but Gnarls' first album, St. Elsewhere was unjustly overlooked. Skip "Crazy" and check out "Just a Thought," and you'll see what I mean.

Anyway, I'm over that. I just thought it was a fun diversion. Nighty-night and all that.

No comments: